School service hours are recognized for awards, scholarships and Grad Transitions.
- helping ND teachers and other staff
- Parent Teacher Interview volunteers
- ushers for events
- team managers, coaches, score-keepers
- planning, promoting or facilitating school events, activities and fundraisers
- volunteering for school dance or other events
- organizing and running events for clubs/classes
What does not count:
- paid work including tutoring, theater technician, refereeing or the Community Schools Partnership Program
- work related to credit courses including; peer tutoring, yearbook, theatre, work experience, and leadership
- practicing or rehearsing for a sports, dance, theatre, music team/group
- activities that offer special privileges
- attending regular club, committee or council meetings
- attending conferences, camps, workshops or events
- paid work within the school
Tracking and reporting:
It is the responsibility of students to self-report their own hours and it is the student’s responsibility to keep a record of reported hours…not the office, Career Centre, teachers and staff.
All students from grade 8 to 12 have be emailed through their deltalearns accounts the instructions on how to report their in-school hours today.
Deadline for students to self report their hours will be at the end of each month.
Here is a link for your reference: